System Engineer / Pre-Sales - Europe
You are here
System Engineer / Pre-Sales - Europe (French/English)
RAD Data Communications Ltd. is looking for a System Engineer to support our European sales efforts for a wide and innovative portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading, creating and managing all technical end-to-end offerings for customer response documents and relevant projects - RFI, RFP, RFQ
- Management of all customer interface technical engagements activities - meetings, trials/proof of concepts, demos, road shows, etc.
- Capture customer requirements, define relevant use cases, work out a corresponding list of required features and capabilities and convert use case/features into test cases/test plans.
- Validation of use case(s) by staging and demonstrating them in RAD labs and/or customer site(s). Convince the customer technical representatives that RAD can provide them the best technical solution.
- Occasionally help troubleshoot and problem-solve customer support requests when issue appears to be network-design related, working closely with the engineering teams to resolve issues.
- Support in defining and specifying high and low-level network design solutions
- Work with multiple points of contact, mainly product managers and (technical) project managers to ensure support requests are solved in a timely manner
- Ongoing responsibility to execute technical updates to the region customers and partners - roadmap, feature set, applications, customer success stories, vertical applications.
- Full knowledge base and understanding of region market behavior covering all RAD segments/solutions – competition, standards, technology, requirements etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge of Packet Switched Networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Solid understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, etc.
- Knowledge of SDN/NFV architecture and concepts
- Proven record of accomplishment of 5-10 years in a system engineer technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc.)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and proven negotiation techniques
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to travel 50+%
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline
- Full command of French and English (written and spoken) - a must
- Knowledge of any other European language - an advantage
Diploma degree preferred