You are here
RAD Brings its Service Assured Networking Solution for Distribution Automation and Smart Meter Backhaul to Smart Grid India
RAD, the international manufacturer of field-proven communications solutions that address the automation, Teleprotection and core operational network needs of transmission and distribution grids, will be exhibiting its complete Service Assured Networking solution portfolio at Smart Grid India, which will be held September 10-12 in New Delhi.
At the conference, RAD will be focusing on helping DSOs successfully enable secure connectivity for automation devices and meter concentrators over a single communications link. These solutions provide for:
- Reliable backhaul from LV transformer sites
- Easier operations and lower costs
- Higher bandwidth and secure networking for Smart and Safe City deployments
- Secure critical bi-directional traffic for automation and metering systems
“RAD offers a comprehensive Service Assured Networking solution addressing communications to substations, automation and metering network integration and cyber security,” explains Mati Epstein, head of RAD’s Power Utilities Line of Business. “Based on our standards-compliant SecFlow™ secure industrial Ethernet switch, RAD supports seamless communications for IP SCADA and legacy interfaces over fiber optics, 2G/3G cellular, copper and leased line circuits and radio links. Our solution includes an integrated SCADA firewall with a unique distributed SCADA security suite to guard against unauthorized entry from external as well as internal cyber security threats,” concludes Epstein.
Epstein will speak on the topic Secure Backhauling Solutions for Distribution Automation and Smart Meters at the Smart Grid India conference on Wednesday, September 11, at 2:30 PM.
As part of its Service Assured Networking solution, RAD will also be showing its Hybrid Multiservice Access Node for substation connectivity and Teleprotection over SDH and Packet Switched Networks.
RAD’s utility customers include AES, Endesa, Enel, Eskom, Hydro Quebec, IEC, Kepco, Meralco, E-on, Elia, Nampower, National Grid USA, Novosibirsk Energo, Powercor, and Terna Italia.
Sign up to receive our newsletter
More Press Releases
- 15/08/2019Enables SE Asian Telecom Giant to Transform Its Business Offering
- 26/06/2019NG-EADs Now Include LTE/Broadband Connectivity, SDN Control and MEF 3.0
- 20/02/2019RAD and KORE’s ASPIDER-NGI unit Launch Joint Solution for Secure, Edge Computing-Enabled Industrial IoT with Advanced Global eSIM/USIM ConnectivityDeployment-Ready Platform Provides Comprehensive, Scalable Management and Monitoring of IIoT Systems
- 11/02/2019Future-proof Cell Site Gateway Allows Flexibility in Adapting to Evolving xHaul Needs