SCADA Security: Distributed, SCADA-aware Firewall Integrated in Network Switches
Secure SCADA installations throughout the power grid to protect from cyber security threats.
Use secure Ethernet switches with built-in firewall/VPN to reliably connect and safeguard SCADA equipment from “insider” attacks. Ruggedized Ethernet switches use highly secure firewall to monitor application traffic and stop unauthorized and potentially damaging activity.
- Protection of Ethernet-based and serial SCADA devices
- Ruggedized switch ensures operation in harsh environments, standard compliant with IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 EMI
- Integrated firewall on each port provides a network-based distributed security solution equivalent to the use of personal firewalls on each system in the network, with service-aware inspection of traffic in every end-point and role-based validation of SCADA flows
- Full security functions in a single switch: Service validation, remote access, inter-site VPN and access control
- Built-in QoS to support mission critical services